Tuesday, August 18, 2015

August 17, 2015

If this isn't PURE JOY than I don't know what is!!!!! Life is
beautiful.... And I'm getting a little taste of Haiti in NC!! Wouldn't
want to be anywhere else. This is my happy.

Definitely nothing like what Mama C would do... But it was about time for some help!!
It got below my butt- yeah too long.




hi fam!

How is everyone doing? I hope that this letter finds you all doing well, happy, and healthy, as my father would say. :) I hope that my Kenna and Cole had great birthdays! I sure love you guys! It's been another wonderful week here in Waxhaw. I am always amazed at how involved the Lord really is in my life. I love Monday's because I am always able to sit back and relax, and reflect on what happened the previous week. Missionary life is full of so many different things every single day that it's hard to keep track of everything that has happened. I cannot believe that I am almost 1/3 of the way done with my mission. Time goes by way to fast. I'm excited to see if the Lord will keep me in Waxhaw, or if I'll be transferred. Transfers are September 12th, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens! Fun fact, I got my first haircut today and that was really scary! I was so nervous to have someone else cut it... since mom has been the only one who has ever touched it, but she did a fairly good job and it's still long and thick. :)
Today we witnessed 2 miracles! And, it's even preparation day! Definitely goes to show that Heavenly Father is absolutely aware of all of his children. Sister Stratford and I were not going to go to the grocery store today because we don't have our car, but for some reason, we decided to go, just to buy some milk. As we were checking out, I saw Regina and her daughter Damysia. Regina was the girl that Sister Ekstrom and I met a while ago who was really going through a hard time and needed some serious help. She ended up going to a homeless shelter in Charlotte so we lost contact with her and I never thought I was going to see her again. We had such a strong instant connection and I knew that I was supposed to meet her, for which reason I do not know. Anyways, long story short, Regina's daughter ran up to me and saw me and ran and told her mom. I ended up embracing in a 10 minute hug with Regina and we were both just crying, right there in the middle of the store. I literally thought that I was never going to see her again, and that she may not have even survived the situation that she was in. She was so close to taking her own life. It was such a tender mercy for me and will be one of those experiences that I will never ever forget. We ended up setting up and appointment with her later this week and I am so excited. The Lord definitely works in mysterious ways! As we were leaving a man also came up to us and said, "Sisters!! When are you going to come see me again?" He is a former investigator and we hadn't ever met him before... but are going to begin teaching him!! Miracles are happening all over and I love it! I know that God is real and that he truly is involved!
This past week was a very different week for me. I felt like I wasn't quite myself. Something was off and I'm not sure what it was. I am really looking forward to this new week though and am ready to work harder than ever before. We've been on bikes this week so it's been a little bit of a tougher week. Waxhaw is really really small and I feel like we've done everything around here haha. When we're on bikes it's really hard to go way out of our little town because it takes so much time, and well unfortunately my body just can't really handle more than 12 miles a day right now. :) We were able to go see some former investigators this past week and just in one day, we walked into 3 homes that had fleas. Like why the people invited us in in the first place is beyond me, but I just went in hoping that the Lord would protect me. Ya'll know that stuff doesn't settle well with me. Fleas, lice, ticks, anything that goes into my body I don't do well with. During all of our lessons I was just sitting there itching and freaking out. Praying and hoping that I didn't get one. Luckily, I haven't found one yet and I think all is well. :)
We had a really good district meeting this past week. It was all centered on the Book of Mormon. I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON. Each member of the district got up and bore their testimony and the spirit was so strong in that room. Ah! Love it! My testimony of the Book of Mormon has increased so much. It all started when I knelt in the Sacred Grove on my senior trip. That changed everything. I have come to love it so much and know with all of my heart that it is true. I hope that everyone is taking advantage of the wonderful blessing that it truly is. It will answer ANY question that you have. I wish I knew of it's true power earlier in my life. I wish that I had gained a stronger testimony of it earlier. It truly has helped me with so many things and has gotten me to where I am today.
This past week I have been able to really reflect on how many prayers are truly being said on my behalf. There are so many prayers that are being said for missionaries, and for me specifically. I really appreciate them. I feel them every single day, and I need them. I am so grateful for the powers being drawn from heaven that are coming straight to me! I am so grateful for the power of prayer. I am so grateful for my knowledge of the atonement, and the ability to gain access to the power that comes from it. A lot of it is through the ordinances of the priesthood and feeling a very real connection with my Heavenly Father through those ordinances and the covenants that I have made with him. There is nothing that I cherish more than my baptismal covenant and my endowment. I know that those promises are real and sacred. I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood. I don't know what I would do without it in my life.
I am running short on time, but I just want you all to know how truly grateful I am for each one of you. Continue to trust and to have faith in all that you do. Continue to do what is right. "When you do good things, good things happen." Never forget that. There is always hope and help ahead! I know that it is through Christ and his atonement that we can be fully healed and fully cleansed. There is not a greater gift. Rely on his grace. Turn to him with all of your heart and he will take care of the rest. I have seen too many miracles on my mission to stop working hard and to stop believing that this is all real. I know that he has a plan for each one of us. Remember that everything is on his timing. I know that he lives, and loves each of you. I hope everyone has a good week. Always remember that there is a Sister in North Carolina who loves you and is praying for all of you!! Be good, choose the right, and HAVE FAITH!! Love you guys so much!! xo

Sister Ky Worthington

No comments:

Post a Comment