Sunday, July 24, 2016

July 11,2016

nearer, my god to thee.
Hello my cute, sweet family,
I hope this email finds everyone happy, safe, healthy, and doing well.
I want to apologize up front for this email that is about to be written. I've had a lot on my mind and heart this past week and am just going to take most of today to spend time with the missionaries in my zone and district and relax and take some time to myself. I hope you will be able to understand and will give me some slack. :) I promise I'll be all ready to go and will be in full force next week.
The biggest news of the week is that Sister Nunies and I will be staying in Charlotte together for another transfer, and will also be adding a third. We are going to be in a trio! We are picking up our brand new sister tomorrow and will be training together! I am so excited. Our sweet sister arrives in NC tonight and will be coming straight from the MTC. We have been praying for her and are so excited to welcome her in. I am so grateful that I get to stay here in Charlotte with Sister Nunies and that I get to continue to serve with all of the young single adults. Training Sister Stratford was hard for me, but I know that I will be so much better this time around! I am grateful that Heavenly Father trusts me enough to train one of his daughters. Heavenly Father also knew that I couldn't train on my own right now, so he blessed me by keeping me with my little Hawaiian. He knows me oh so well! I am also really grateful to be staying around President and Sister Alexander and to be with Elder and Sister Garlick. :) They are my favorites.
Both of our progressing investigators, Alan and Fernando, were out of town this past week and so we were not able to teach them at all. :( Thankfully, we have so many tools to help us stay in close contact with them. We were able to keep daily contact with them and they are both still 100% ready for their baptisms. We are really excited for the upcoming weeks. Things are going to be crazy, but we couldn't be more grateful. I am also really glad that I get to stay here and witness their baptisms. I would've been crushed if I got transferred.
It's always so hard working with people and helping them come to Christ, and seeing their journey, and then being taken away and not witnessing their actual baptism. However, I know that the Lord has a specific plan for his missionaries and that he knows exactly where they need to be and when they need to be there.
We met a few new investigators this past week and that was a blessing.
Our mission is really trying to focus on finding new investigators and so we really got out there and tried to find find find! We went and walked around uptown and it was so much fun. Charlotte is such a beautiful city! It was so fun being uptown and meeting so many different people of different cultures. I love missionary work. I love being able to share my testimony with those around me and being able to get something in return. I love hearing about other people's lives and their experiences. We each have something beautiful to offer one another.
In Relief Society yesterday one of my favorite members gave a lesson on the talk "Come what May and Love it" by Elder Cook. It made me think of my dear Tara and how much I love her and admire her! I want to share with you a few things that I learned from that lesson and that talk. The four things that he talked about when handling trials and tribulations have really helped me this week! 1. Learn to laugh.
2. Seek for the eternal perspective. 3. Learn to understand the principle of compensation, and 4. Trust in the Father and the Son.
Those four things will help anyone who is struggling or who needs to feel the love of their Savior. One of my favorite quotes from the talk was, "The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude." Remember that every tear you shed will be made up for. All that God requires us is to try our best and to keep going. Keep hanging on and keep enduring.
We owe God the first mile and then the blessings will come on the second mile. He wants us to learn. He wants us to grow.
I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives and we can learn to LOVE it.
I love each and everyone of you. I want you to know that I have a testimony of this gospel. I know that God lives. I know that he is aware of every single one of us. He knows us personally and perfectly, and I mean that when I say that. I have such a strong testimony of prayer. It works and it's real. I have felt God's love so strongly and I know that with his love, you can accomplish anything. I got my sprint letter in the mail this past week and I signed it very proudly with all of my heart, mind, might, and strength. I am ready to give it my all to the Lord. I need the blessings of missionary service. I am so grateful to be set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that this is the only true church on the face of the earth and through it, and the ordinances therein, we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. I know that families are forever. I hope you each have a great week. Remember who you are and remember the covenants that you have made. There will be very few that will be able to make those covenants with God in this life time.
Take advantage of the blessings we have.
I love you all. Stay strong.

Sister Kyla Worthington






No comments:

Post a Comment