Tuesday, December 29, 2015

December 21, 2015 ~ Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!!🎅🏽

Hello my favorite people!

Hi hi hi! I hope you all had a great week and I hope you have an even better week! Merry Christmas!! I cannot believe that we are only four days away from Christmas! What! I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy the holiday seasons! I will definitely be thinking of you and will be missing you lots. I am really looking forward to talking to you over Skype on Friday. Which reminds me... what time would be best for y'all? We are thinking around 1:00-2:00 ish our time... which would be 11:00-12:00 ish your time? We are really good all morning and afternoon.. just email me back and let me know what would work best for you! I can get your emails throughout the week.. I just cannot respond, so feel free to email me and let me know! I will probably end up calling you on the phone first to make sure everything is good to go! What are your plans for Christmas Day? Let me know!
So first off, I just need to thank everyone for all the sweet letters, notes, and packages! I am way to blessed, holy cow! I've been so spoiled! It's been so wonderful to get cards and gifts from members of the meadow wood ward! People I don't even know.... And they're thinking of me! I couldn't thank you enough. You have no idea what it means to me. This is my first Christmas being away from home... And your love has kept me going! So thank you thank you thank you!!
This week was really good and we saw lots of miracles! It was absolutely incredible! So many things happened that were so inspired and so spirit led. I love good weeks. They make my faith grow and help me to realize that God is aware and that this is His work. Sister Cottis and I have been really trying to work on accomplishing the goals that we set. So far, in the two weeks that we have been together, we have surpassed and hit almost every one of our goals that we have set. We are really working on trying to pay more attention to the goals we set at night and actually look at them throughout the day and that has really helped us! We push ourselves and don't want to walk in our apartment door until those goals are met. There is definitely power in setting goals and visions and I am grateful for the inspiration that President Alexander received and for the thoughts that he has shared with me. It has really helped me stretch myself and grow.
The biggest miracle of the week was putting our lovely Robert Robbins on date to be baptized forJanuary 9th, 2016! AH! I cannot even tell you how amazing our lesson was with him. I have been working with Robert Robbins since I got to Tanglewood. He is a single father and is from California. He has been investigating the church for 10+ years and has been through 100+ sets of missionaries. We hadn't talked to him for a few weeks because he was super busy with school- but he finally had some free time so we met with him again. We were able to have a lesson with him in the church and had one of our recent converts come teach with us. Robert opened up and expressed his desire to be baptized and that it is finally time. He's been wanting his life to slow down because he wants it to be a spiritual experience. Not just something that he checks off his "to do" list. He has been wanting to do this forever, but has just been waiting for the right time. We set a date of January 9th, 2016 and he is 100% committed and ready! He needs to be taught 1-2 more things and then he is good to go. He has some really solid fellow-shippers and we are having him in two members homes for dinner this upcoming week! We are so excited. I have just gained such an assurance that this is where I need to be, and that God really does prepare his children for specific things, at specific times. We had a Mission Leadership Conference Call and found out we had 16 projections in December for the whole mission. THAT IS SO BAD. Like that is an all time low. Sister Cottis and I really want to work on our baptismal invites. The more we invite- the more projections we will have. I KNOW that there are people out there who are ready, we just need to do our job and find them, and invite them.
We have to have a better year!
Another miracle that happened was being able to really utilize the Savior is Born Christmas Initiative video this past week. Sister Cottis gave a training on it at district meeting and set a goal with our district to show it 100 times in 5 days. The members of the district were SO excited and had such a desire to get out there and show it! This week we made an extra effort to show it and it really did bring so many miracles! It was so fun to get out there and invite people to discover why they need a savior. Every time I show it to someone I always remind myself of why I need a savior and what he means to me.
I am especially grateful for him this Christmas season. I have been able to feel of the love that he has for me as his daughter, and as his missionary. I know he is aware of me and everything that my little heart & soul is going though. I am so grateful to be a servant of the Lord at this time and in this place. This is His work and I couldn't be more sure of it. I know he lives. I know he is the savior of the world and I know he suffered for me, and for you, and for everyone.
How grateful I am. This week my ponderize scripture was Doctrine and Covenants 43: 34-35 which reads, "Hearken ye to these words. Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. Treasure these things up in your hearts, and let the solemnities of eternity rest upon your minds.
Be sober. Keep all my commandments. Even so. Amen." So simple, so straight forward, and so comforting. I love this work and my heart is so full! Definitely a time to rejoice!
I really don't have much to say this week because my time is super short and I'm just so stinking excited to talk to you this week!! We are currently having a zone activity and are having an ugly sweater party, white elephant gift exchange, and the candy bar game! With some volleyball and ping pong! It's been a fun day! But...... Hasn't left me with lots of time to email! Sorry! On Wednesday we have a mission conference party and I am really looking forward to that. I get to see some of my favorite missionaries and we get to spend time with President and Sister Alexander! We are having more of a "party" and I think it'll be really fun! I also get to sing in a special musical number and that has been really fun preparing for! Christmas Eve we have some pretty good plans! We are basically just going to "member hop" and continue to share the Christmas video! We have dinner with a really fun family and we also get to spend time with our elders! We are also going caroling with lots of elders and sisters Christmas Eve so it should be a good time! Christmas Day we are just going to be delivering lots of cookies to lots of people! Members, less actives, recent converts, and our investigators! Today we bought so many cookies it's not even funny! We are having dinner with Pat and a member of our ward..... Which could be interesting..... Considering their circumstances..... But I was looking through the ensign a few days ago and came across an article called "Christmas with the Dombroskis" in the December 2015 ensign.... And then I felt AWFUL!!!
You have no idea. I got chastened hard core and reproved myself... But I am now excited and not even worried about it. It's gonna be a good day!
The bulk of my studies this week consisted of CHARITY AND LOVE!! I have really come to find out that this what it is all about. If we have true charity, everything else will fall into place. Imagine if this world was just full of LOVE! We have so many people who are just angry and upset and that is why we have so much evil in the world. Why why why!! We just need to spread the love! My heart is so full and I am so grateful for this opportunity to be here spreading my love with the people of North Carolina! I love it here. I love these people. I love my family. And I love my savior! This is His work and this is what truly brings complete happiness and joy. I LOVE THIS GOSPEL! I am so happy and am finding so much joy in the work. Thank you for the love and support. You are all so wonderful and I cannot wait to see you!!! Let the countdown begin!! Thanks for being the best ever. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you! Have a very Merry Christmas & know that I will be with you in heart & spirit! I love each of you so very much. I wish I could express it more. See you soon! Sending all my love, hugs, & kisses from NC!
Sister Kyla Worthington❤️



No comments:

Post a Comment